Labels

1:1 (10) CUE (1) DonorsChoose (1) EdTech (16) GAFE (6) Minecraft (2) photography (5) reading (1) teaching (54) Techie Tuesday (2) writing (2)

Monday, June 25, 2012

Amusement Park Math Freebie

Well here goes nothing! My first time joining in on Classroom Freebies Manic Mondays and Freebie Fridays.  I am so excited and hoping that everyone enjoys my freebie.

I don't know about some of you, but after teaching the same grade level for 6 years straight I felt that I needed to change some things up.  I needed to incorporate some new ideas and projects not only to engage the students more, but to help get me excited about lessons too!  This project was inspired by a problem in our math book.

So here it is! Amusement Park Graphing!  Every year that I have done this my students have totally enjoyed it.  It's a great activity to do before Open House and makes an awesome bulletin board display as well.

Here are some of the items the packet includes:
-A writing activity about their amusement park
-Drawing a map of the amusement park
-Plotting the points (ordered pairs) for their attractions


Click on the picture or HERE to be taken to the Google Doc where you can download the packet for free.  :)

If you liked the activity please let me know! :)



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Freebie Fridays




<3
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome graphing activity! Sounds like a lot of fun:) Thanks for sharing!


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is terrific! Thank you for sharing this at TBA and linking up! I'm your newest follower!
    Head on over to my blog Saturday at 8:00 am for the very exciting Top Teachers' Blog Swap & Hop!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...