Labels

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review: Blog, Swap, & Hop

Yesterday was the Top Teachers Blog, Swap, & Hop, where many blogs that I follow online guest blogged on different blogs.  It was really exciting to read new ideas from different bloggers.  I even began to follow some of them.  There was so much to read I was up for several hours last night reading blogs, Pinning ideas, and favoriting blogs and webpages.

I thought I would just take the time, for those who missed it, to review some of my favorite blog posts.
These are listed in no particular order. :)

Favorite #1
Photobucket
Guest Blogger from:

She had a lot of great ideas for integrating Math more in the every day activities of class.  One idea was to use student numbers in problems and then she has a Class Economy system where the students keep track of their own money.  I highly recommend going and reading about it.

But my absolute favorite thing from her post, that I know I could start right away in my classroom, was how she kept track of her group points.


Check that out!!  X is given a different value each week.  The goal is for the students to earn more X's to gain more points.  If the kids are just being good she adds numbers.

This was such an amazing idea to me because my students sometimes struggle with expressions and solving them.  Using this system, the students will have to do the math to figure out their group points.  Did I mention how much I LOVE this and how I'm going to use this for this coming school year?

Favorite #2
Treasures for Teaching

Guest Blogger from: 
HoJo's Teaching Adventures

They shared a freebie! :)  They created this puzzle called Magic Squares.

You cut the pieces apart, then when you put them back together all the sides should have the correct answer matched up with this.  Even though my students are past adding numbers with zero, I am planning to create my own.  I would really love to do this with equivalent fractions, adding and subtracting fractions.... anything with fractions! That always seems to be the topic my students' struggle the most with.

Favorite #3
Teach 123

Guest Blogger from:
A Modern Teacher

A Modern Teacher always has the CUTEST ideas for organization and her guest blog does not disappoint!
Who would have ever thought of this.... Using pizza boxes for storage!  Check it out!

Here's how it works.  Either ask for pizza boxes (perhaps for a donation or a small fee), or save the ones you get your pizza in.  Then clean them up and cover in contact paper!  Use these to save odd shaped things for your bulletin board or student examples.  Here's the final product:

Favorite #4
Sunny Days in Second

Guest blogger from:
Kleinspiration
This was an awesome Techy post!  There are lots of tips on using Pinterest along with some of her EduTech finds.  It's very cool and definitely worth checking out.

There were still a lot of things that I loved from yesterday's swap but I don't want to overload this post....like I probably already done. :)

I hope this has been helpful to you. Please leave a comment and share with your friends if you liked this. :)

Thanks!
<3
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...