Labels

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Photography, Teaching, and Writing Oh My!

Goodness sakes, I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last updated.  I'm trying to get on a schedule with my blogs so that you can expect updates on certain days.  Right now things have been a bit crazy.  I have a bit of a long update, so bear with me and I hope you enjoy it! :)

I have my first photography "job" today!  I am going to be photographing my brother's wedding.  I'm so excited, but also nervous about getting the perfect pictures. :)   I have been looking up other wedding photos to get some ideas of what I want to do and how I want them to look, but I also have a lot of ideas of my own.  We'll see how it goes! 

Speaking of photography, here are some pictures that I have taken for the Let's Do 52 Challenge

3/52 Every Day Tools
Television remote :) I would love feedback! I used Picnic to edit with the Gritty effect.
6/52 Chaos
Let the chaos begin... Julius is plotting.
When your cat jumps in the trash can after shredded paper, you know it's going to be a chaotic night.


Now on to teaching things.  I have uploaded a couple more items to my TeachersPayTeachers account.  One file includes all 30 spelling tests for the Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Treasures for CA.  It is all formatted to use with the Renaissance Responder and AccelTest system.  I am still working on transferring all of the vocabulary tests to that format as well.  I am also working on some Math tests using ExamView.  On a more creative side, I am working on my Creative Writing PowerPoint that will include several different writing prompts complete with graphic organizers. 

As far as my story goes I have added a bit more to it.  I'm kind of jumping around going on to whichever part I am inspired to write.  It's still a work in progress. Here's an excerpt from it though.

“No!” I yelled as I jumped out of my seat.  My heart raced in panic… embarrassment… fear…  Did I really just shout that out?  Am I really doing this now?  My chest tightened as I looked across the room.
Our eyes met.  Everything seemed to stop.  No one else seemed to exist.  There was just him and me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is full of firsts.
First steps.
First tooth.
First loose tooth.
First crush.
First love.
First loss.
First broken heart.
First act of craziness from said broken heart.

This is a story about my firsts.  I’ll save you from the beginning firsts and we will begin with my first love.

First Love… 
I’m not talking about high school crush who you stare at across the grounds hoping he pays attention to you, and then suddenly your attention shifts to another guy.  I am talking about true love, where you think about the person day and night.  You cannot even begin to picture your life without this person.  You speak to them every day and feel giddy as if you were back in high school.  The butterflies in your stomach start to flutter when you see him.  Your skin tingles when you hold hands and there is no way of explaining how wonderful he makes you feel to be around.
This is about my first love.

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)


<3
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...