Labels

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flow Map (teaching stuff)

A blog post two days in a row! Wow what a shocker, right?

I decided to post one of my school ideas on here to share with others.  There are more to come, I promise.  I have a lot of ideas and lessons to share with you!

At my school we began to use Thinking Maps a couple of years ago.  If you are unfamiliar with them they are basically a higher level thinking graphic organizer.  There are several different types from comparing and contrasting, cause and effect, all the way to chronological order/sequencing.  The latter is the one I am sharing with you.  I claim NO rights to Thinking Maps.  All I did was modify one to make it a nice printable to give to my students.


This map makes it easy for the students to put the events in the story in chronological order.  In the open boxes the students draw pictures depicting each major event. On the lines underneath the students write 1-2 sentences telling about the event.  This map is easily adaptable to any grade level or subject.  I have used it in literature circles, whole class reading, and even in Social Studies.  The kids really enjoy this because they get to draw.

That's all for now! I promise to post more of my school ideas!  If you have anything you would like to share having to do with the flow map or something you use for teaching Chronological order, feel free to share it in the comments section. :) 

<3
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...