Labels

Sunday, January 8, 2012

End of Week 1/52

Evening guys!

Well it's another late night over here, for no particular reason.  This is not necessarily a good thing considering that I have to be up early for work tomorrow.  It will be a slam back to reality when the alarm goes off at 5:00 am.

Anyways...

I am participating in the Paint The Moon 52 Week Photo Challenge.  It's a really cool challenge.  What happens is each week you are given a choice of two themes.  The themes are open to your interpretation.  This past week the theme was All Natural or Sharing.  I really had not decided on which theme I was going to participate with.  I figured that I'll know it when I get the right shot.

All week long I took pictures of my animals naturally and sharing.  Then my niece came over Friday night for a slumber party.  We were raking leaves in the front yard and she was so excited to jump in them!  She lives in an apartment that has gardeners so she has not had the opportunity to play in leaves like this.  We raked them all up in to a huge pile and she went nuts.  Then it hit me.  This was perfect.  She was being a natural kid!  I ran inside to retrieve my camera.

I just kept snapping pictures, figuring I would get at least one good shot.  I ended up taking over 100 pictures, but they turned out so cute.  Here is the one I finally decided to submit:

1/52 All Natural

What do you guys think?  I used Picnik.com to edit the original photo.  I really did not do much to it.  I increased the saturation to make the colors pop a bit, then I used the Cinemascope effect... mainly because I'm in love with that effect LOL

My goal is to post twice a week to this blog.  I'm not quite certain which days yet, but I'm thinking something along the lines of Saturday night and maybe Wednesday night... Like I said I'm still debating on it.

On a different note I was totally inspired to begin a new story!  Here is the opening:


                “No!” I yelled as I jumped out of my seat.  My heart raced in panic… embarrassment… fear…  Did I really just shout that out?  Am I really doing this now?  My chest tightened as I looked across the room.
Our eyes met.  Everything seemed to stop.  No one else seemed to exist.  There was just him and me.


So... what do you think?! :)  Well this is it for me tonight.  It is now 11:20 and I really should be getting to bed.  I'm actually a bit excited to go back to work tomorrow. I get to share with my kids about their 2 Donors Choose projects that got funded.  They're going to be so excited!  If you can, my class would be very grateful, if you would take a look at our Donors Choose page. The link is on the right hand side of this page.  If you are not able to donate you can still help just by spreading the word.  Thank you so much!

Good night guys! I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Monday!


<3
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...